Friday, April 4, 2014

Hospital stay

Hospital stay

On march 25, I began having chills and a high fever. I went to the dr to get antibiotics for mastitis. This led to no improvements over the next 24 hours and a trip to the ER. At the ER they told me that I needed to be on IV antibiotics and they would be keeping me. In Wayne memorial until Monday and then transferred to Pitt. I ended up with strep in my breast tissue which ended up clogging my milk ducts. Ultrasounds, cultures, feeling like death all kept me away for a week. I missed my boys so much as I had never left them for that long. Anthony and my mom stayed with me around the clock and many visitors helped to pass the time. I am blessed to have had so many praying for me. I definitely felt the touch from Him. It was a nightmare. I found out I was allergic to the medicines they were giving me, needed Benadryl before each dose, headache medicine after each dose and many tears between the doses dreading the next stick. I am thankful to be much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment